How To Analyze And Defeat Your Competitors

Blogger is a free platform to create blogs and write articles on it. This has created a mess of the internet. A lot of blogs are there on the internet hosted on blogger with the sub domains provided by Blogger. Not only that, some of these are becoming great competitors of our blogs. So, It is our duty to analyze our competitors and outgrow them. Analyzing a blog is not too tough. The report of the analyzation depends on their traffic, their social media presence, their website speed, their on-page and off-page optimization and some more other factors. If we take on these factors, we can easily analyze a website and compare it with ours. As the number of blogs increased, our competitors are increasing day by day. They first take down our ranking in the search engine and then they start growing until they hit their milestone. So, We should make sure that our competitors are not using methods which we don't know to increase their rankings. Okay, Now, I am going to analyze some of my competitors in front of you . Here, I am also going to use some factors like Alexa Ranking and Google Pagerank. Before starting the analysation, let us discuss some of the factors which i am going to use. 

Factor #1 - Traffic

Whatever you say, the first thing of analysation that comes into my mind is the traffic. If my competitor gets more traffic than me, what's the use of my blog ? If something like that happens, we are sure to do something to outreach their traffic stats. As traffic increases, so increases the other rankings and factors of website analysation. Writing unique content is the only way to increase our traffic. We should also do social media sharing. Now, lets move on to the next factor .

Factor #2 - Social Media Presence

The second factor is the number of shares that you get on popular social media sites. People who do not use the social media sites are really going to suffer. I have experienced such a situation. Social Media Presence doesn't mean always being online or always chatting or always sharing something. To effectively use social media sites, you have to open up pages, join groups and start events. A page is necessary for a brand as well as a blog. The next thing is joining groups. Based on my experience, Facebook Groups are the best way to gain targeted referral traffic from the social media sites. Google Plus groups are also good, but Facebook Groups are better

Factor #3 - Alexa Rank

Alexa Ranking is something which we need not mind of. But, in the modern world, everybody is giving importance to this rank. What I don't like about Alexa is that they don't record all our traffic. They record only traffic from browsers with their plugin or toolbar and they give higher ranking to blogging niche. But, even then, Many advertisers are choosing alexa rank as a factor of advertising selection. We all will concentrate on Alexa if we know that advertisers also check Alexa as a factor of website selection.

Factor #4 - Website Speed

The quickness of a website enables people to visit a blog more often. We should make our site more faster to decrease our bounce rate and increase our readers engagement with our blog. Website speed also makes your site ranking on the search engines higher. So, I hope you understand the value of website speed. To increease website speed, we should remove some unwantd things. First, we should remove unwanted CSS styles and other unwanted widgets and we should try to show less number of posts on the homepage

How To Analyse Your Competitors

So, as you now know the important factors of website implementation, you can easily analyse your competitors. but, before that we should find out our competitors. By analyzing a competitor, we can easily over come them on the search engines. I have did this successfully. But, not only analysing, you should also try to provide more information than your competitor. I selected two main competitors for my blog.

Competitor #1 - True Blog Tips

After doing some search on the keyword rankings , I came to know that TrueBlogTips is one of my competitor. TrueBlogTips is run by +Deep Sinha and +Rajat Garg . They have almost the same kind of articles that we have and the niche is also same. Yeah ! But, after analisation i understood that i am not so near to their rankings .

Competitor #2 - ABCD Blogging

I completely feel jealous of ABCD Blogging and its admin. +Abid Omar has really worked a lot in bring ABCD Blogging from 0 to 100 in the past two months. The reason why i feel jealous is that, he got success in just two months, and he started only after 1 month since i started. Maybe, i am too unlucky

The Result Of Website Analysis

Well, I did an analysis based on my factors and instincts and the results shocked me as i went last. ABCD Blogging and TrueBlogTips had an Alexa Rank below 100K while i had only some 130K. Both the other blogs had greater traffic than me and both their blogs were on Wordpress. But, After that I used an external analyser and the results again shocked me. Well, you too might be shocked, check out the image below. 

The analyzer which I used was a really favourable and trusted one. It was a website analyzer by QuickSprout of +Neil Patel . And i know that everyone is still amazed. The thing is that in terms of traffic and Alexa ranking, my competitors headed me. But, in terms of Social media presence, search engine optimization and website speed , I outreached them. Dont feel sad, my competitors. I know that you are better than me in terms of traffic and alexa ranking .

How To Attack Your Competitor

For this, first you will have to select a keyword for which you have competition and after that you will have to do as I say. We should carefully watch how our competitors are performing on the search engines. If they have a lot of articles already indexed on the search engines, then it had become difficult for you to defeat them. But, if they have search engine domination only one article, then you do have a chanc to attack and defeat them. First of all, we should analyse them based on the factors which I provided above. After that, we have to find out from where they are getting backlinks. If we get to know that, then we can easily build backlinks from there and get more links pointing to our blog. This will help us defeat the competition. Now, the next step is, you will have to optimize your article and provide more information in it. After that, build some more backlinks from other sources pointing to that article. Half job done. The rest of the job is waiting. Submit your sitemap once more in Webmaster tools. Rest will be done by Google . Wait and See :)

From The Editor's Desk

So, I hope now you have studied how to effectively optimize your competitors and outbrain them on the search engines. Yeah ! Bye Then, Happy Blogging

7 comments:

  1. Long and Informative Article :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy abcdblogging uses genesis theme which is having schema structure which is better for SEO, yes all them uses wordpress CMS which is more flexible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know that, Schema structure is also available for blogger

      Delete
  3. I will try to attack my Competitor too my Friend , Nice article !
    Very informative ... and I have loads of them my self ... my niche is kinda over the place ;) .. I write at 8ruuux.com ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ! You should do it to get more traffic . And thats a nice website you got there :)

      Delete
  4. I will try to attack my Competitor too my Friend... It was the Great tip for a newbie. i will write at www.tipsinfopark.net

    ReplyDelete